Thursday 21 March 2013

#1 Career Planning


1.      Career planning is a rewarding and positive experience. It can have multiple benefits, from goal-setting to career change, to a more successful life. Write the essential steps and their corresponding explanations towards a successful career planning.
Career Planning is a rewarding and positive experience. It can have multiple benefits from goal setting to career change, to a more successful life. The essential steps are the following:
a.      first the Self-gather information about yourself (self- assessment)
It talks about your   Interests, values, roles, skills/aptitudes, preferred environments, developmental needs, your realities.  Self assessment is important because you need to know yourself if what occupation you really want or what occupation did you choose. Knowing yourself must also help you in choosing occupation.
b.      Options
In this step it talks about to explore the occupations in which you are interested and get more specific information after you narrow down your options. It importance because if you are not interested to the occupation you have you will not be happy and contented.
c.       Match
This is the third step, during this phase of the process, you will; Identify possible occupations and    choose both a short term and a long term option. Every profession needs to look for the occupation fit to them.
d.      Action
After of 1-3 step action is the next step. In this step you will develop the steps you need to take in order to reach your goal, for example:  Investigating sources of additional training and education, if needed. Developing a job search strategy, writing your resume and preparing for job interviews. Preparing your resume is importance once you applying for a job. After they read my application letter together with your resume they txt or call you for your interview.
2.      Since teaching is a lifetime profession and vocation, why is career planning a significant endeavor?
Since teaching is a lifetime profession and vocation, career planning a significant endeavor because if you really understand the process, you can also gain more skill. Like what sir Ben always say during our Campus Journalism Experience is the best teacher. Through experience we can learn many things; even it is good and bad. The more you encountered problem the more you learned. To be successful in life you need to set a goal, you have a plan that you need to follow. Because of the experience and your goal it will help you to build your self-confidence and self-esteem. To set your goal it must be in a SMART way.
3.      Interview an artist teacher using the following guide questions


Name:Rodrigo Leal Directo, Ph.D. Age: 50 years old
School:Aliaga National High School Position: Head Teacher III
Length of service: 28 years

Why did you enter the teaching profession?
I entered the teaching profession because of three incidents. The first was my appendectomy just a month after my college graduation. The second was when I passed the Professional Board Examination for Teachers (PBET) 1983 and last was my becoming sickly several months thereafter.
My appendectomy kept me from travelling so that my PBET application had my grandmother and a Lupao teacher relative accomplished them so that I just simply affixed ,my signature on the documents but I turned out the district topnotcher.
Appetite for food had almost faded until gross ulceration became almost incurable. While on bed I wrote a lot, I read a lot until all my college course manuals became well fraught units my writings.

How did you prepare for your teaching career?
My BSAExEd with BSE + units provided the initial preparation. Freelance literary writing, attempts on Nobel writing (Raden and Leonie, Deo Immortal, Kahit Ako’y Lupa and an Anthology of Tagalog Poems (MITHI) all pooled the vehemence and growing love in me for teaching- my first love.

No comments:

Post a Comment